This is a car radio aerial coax cable connector designed to re-terminate a standard 5mm diameter car aerial antenna coax cable. It is consists of 4 parts that allow an existing cable to be shortened or re-terminated to accept a male jack plug. It can be fitted either by soldering the centre conductor or by careful assembly.
The assembly procedure is:
- Insert the cable through the black nylon outer sleeve, then through the brass bullet shaped sleeve.
- Using a sharp craft knife carefully remove 20mm of the outer PVC coax cable insulation.
- Pull back the braided outer shield and then remove 18 mm of the inner insulation.
- The connector then needs to be assembled in such a way to ensure the inner conductor makes good contact with the centre terminal, and the braided outer shield makes good contact with the outer brass sleeve.
- You must ensure the braided cable is isolated from and does not contact the inner conductor.
- The brass sleeve can then be pushed into the black nylon outer sleeve so the connector is held securely together by a friction fit.
The assembly procedure can be a bit fiddly, especially in situ, but it does often allow a replacement aerial to be fitted without the need to replace or re-run the original coax lead to the radio which often involves removing interior trim and carpets.
1X1pcs Car Radio Aerial Antenna Coax Female Socket Connector